Thank you for your interest in the Japan Society of Northern California.
The Japan Society of Northern California (JSNC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening cooperation and understanding between the peoples of the United States and Japan through programs that expand knowledge of Japan and foster personal interaction among the Japan and US communities of Northern California.
Job Opportunities with Japan Society
The Japan Society of Northern California welcomes inquiries regarding volunteering to help us in our mission. Volunteer opportunities include short-term event volunteers, and longer-term volunteers. Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Opportunities from our Corporate Members
We are proud to offer job listings from our many Corporate Members:
- We are currently unaware of any additional opportunities.
If you are a corporate member and would like to submit a job listing, please read our submission guidelines here and then send your information to email@example.com.
The Japan Society of Northern California is a public affairs 501(c) 3 non-profit with a mission to strengthen cooperation and understanding between the peoples of the United States and Japan through programs that expand knowledge, increase personal interaction and facilitate discussion of important issues.
The Office Administrator will assist the President, the Chief Operating Officer and the Board of Directors to achieve this mission by providing administrative and logistical support to facilitate smooth office and financial management. The Office Administrator reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Record & deposit checks, pay bills & expenses with close coordination with the Society’s outside Accountant.
- Process credit card orders and refunds, and manage merchant account connections.
- Process payroll and maintain HR & 401(k) plan records.
- Coordinate staff and intern hiring, including recruitment and interviewing, and new employee intake procedures. Manage the Society interns.
- Work with all vendors of insurance, office supplies, and equipment maintenance and outside contractors.
- Maintain and update operations and procedures manuals.
- Distribute mail, answer telephones, and respond to inquiries about Japan Society programs or other Japan resources in the Bay Area.
Membership and Donor Data Management:
- Maintain the Society’s database in SalesForce, including overseeing recording dues, giving records, and contact information for current, prospective and past members.
- Generate reports on SalesForce data as needed.
- Maintain office IT and conduct regular backups and work closely with IT contractors.
- Assist with General IT support, e.g. computer problem solving, installing software, etc.
Website and Social Media:
- Regularly update the Society’s website including maintaining a suitable background according to the season.
- Assist Executive Director with budget preparation and forecasting, and provide other support as needed.
- Schedule, plan and prepare materials for Board elections, Board and committee meetings, and the Annual General Meeting, and take minutes as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date Board contact information and all other Board-related documents.
- Provide support for programs as needed.
- Provide support to the annual Gala as needed.
- Other projects as assigned.
We seek an enthusiastic, highly organized, and positive team player, a quick learner who can work efficiently with precision and minimal supervision. Other valued qualities include professional attitude, an eye for detail and pleasant phone and interpersonal demeanor. Minimum two years administrative experience, with bachelor’s degree or higher. A preference shall be given to those with an Accounting degree and/or Non-profit accounting experience.
- Superior organizational skills. Must be comfortable with multitasking and juggling competing priorities on tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with a diverse, international staff, Board and membership in the San Francisco Bay Area and Japan.
- Excellent command of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Native level English fluency.
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Some local travel required for events; Must be able to drive and provide own transportation (Mileage and parking reimbursed)
- Quick Books experience highly desired.
- Experience with monthly financial reports and annual audit.
- Experience working with WordPress, simple HTML, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Comfortable with using social media platforms.
- Experience with salesforce or similar database programs.
- Familiarity with Google Drive, Calendar, and Docs.
- Knowledge of and interest in Japan.
Job Type: Part-time
- Administrative experience, with bachelor’s degree or higher: 2 years
Please send resumes with an attached cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.