25th Anniversary: US-Japan Friendship Cup Tennis Tournament
The Japan Society is honored to announce the 25th Annual US-Japan Friendship Cup Tennis Tournament.
Started in 1987, this friendly tournament was launched to build friendships between the peoples of Japan and the United States on the courts. The perpetual Consular Cup, which was donated to the tournament in 1990 by the Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco, will be awarded to the winner.
Please note: This event has limited space and registration is first come, first serve. Please read carefully and register early to ensure your place.
Please be prompt and plan to stay for the entire event.
$50 REGULAR (includes lunch and a commemorative t-shirt, please bring your own drinks)
$35 FOR STUDENTS UNDER 25 YEARS OF AGE (includes all of the above)
*Please contact the office for ticket purchase
Friday, June 22, at 5pm.
Refunds will not be granted after this date
• Matches will be men’s/women’s/mixed doubles; your partner will change each round. The doubles partner will be decided by drawing lots, there will be no pre-arrangements.
• Each player plays a total of 4 sets, each set consisting of 8 games (plays a total of 32 games).
• The player with the most number of winning games out of 32 games is the winner.
• Players must be 17 or older to participate. All skill levels are welcome.
• This is a friendship tournament with the intention of enjoying tennis with players of all skill levels. Please note that this is not a competitive USTA tournament.
• There will be an award ceremony after the tournament, so participants are asked to stay until the end of the event.
• We will confirm your participation by email prior to the tournament.
• Players participate at their own risk. The Japan Society, Mills High School and San Mateo Union High School District will not be held responsible for any injury or accident sustained while playing in the tournament.
This event is held in cooperation with the Consulate of Japan in San Francisco.
*To register now, please click here. If you are a student and would like to register, or have any questions, please contact the office at 415-986-4383.