Mills High School Tennis Courts | 400 Murchison Dr., Millbrae
Founded in 1987, the purpose of the Friendship Cup Tennis Tournament is to develop a warm relationship between the people of Japan and the United States. The winner will be awarded The Consular Cup, a majestic steel chalice donated to the tournament in 1990 by the Consulate General of Japan. Lunch, gift bags, and free entry into an exciting raffle are also included–so really, everybody wins!
テニスファン待望の Japan – US フレンドシップテニストーナメント、日本総領事杯テニス大会が今年もいよいよ8月26日(日曜日）に開催されます。試合経験の少ない方から上級者までご参加いただけます。昨年もお互いの実力発揮と交流トークに大いに盛り上がりました。お誘い合わせの上、是非ご参加ください！（昼食付）
Rules & Regulations:
- Matches will be men’s/women’s/mixed doubles & your partner will change each round. The doubles partner will be decided by drawing lots; there will be no pre-arrangements.
- Each player plays a total of 4 sets, each set consisting of 8 games (a total of 32 games). The player with the most number of won games out of 32 games is the champion.
- Players must be 17 or older to participate. All skill levels are welcome.
- This is a “friendship tournament” with the sole purpose of having fun and playing tennis with players of all skill levels. Please note that this is not a competitive USTA tournament
- The champion will be presented with a perpetual Consular Cup and a permanent plaque. There will be an award ceremony after the tournament, so participants are asked to stay until the end of the event.