Location and Policies
Japan Society of Northern California [map]
500 Washington St, Suite 300, San Francisco
717 Market St, San Francisco
JSPS San Francisco [map]
2001 Addison St, Suite 260, Berkeley
900 Concar Dr, San Mateo
Sony Electronics, Inc. [map]
1730 N. First St, San Jose
Fujitsu Laboratories of America, Inc. [map]
1240 E. Arques Ave, Sunnyvale
Morrison Foerster [map]
A, 755 Page Mill Rd, Palo Alto
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati [map]
650 Page Mill Rd, Palo Alto
Japanese Class Policies
Please read carefully before enrolling in a class:
- Before the third week of the term, students may change class levels with the instructor’s approval. To request a change, please contact the Japan Society Language Class Coordinator.
- Before the end of the second week of the term, students may cancel a class and receive a full refund of the class tuition. After that, tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable for any reason. Please note that membership fees paid at the time of registration are non-refundable. Requests for tuition refunds may be made by email to [email protected] or by phone at 415-986-4383.
- Language classes will continue with a minimum of three students enrolled. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, a class is cancelled, students already enrolled will receive a full refund.
- Print your receipt for tuition payment when you register online. Receipts for phone orders will be emailed to you, please print for your records.
- Classes cancelled due to holidays or teacher emergencies will be rescheduled.
- If there are no students present within the first 20 minutes of the scheduled class, the class will be cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
- Student contact information collected from the registration process may be given to the instructor of the class for teaching and emergency purposes.
- Occasionally we are required to replace an instructor, change the schedule and/or the location of a class. While we try to avoid these changes, we reserve the right to make them as needed.
- Completion of these courses does not grant equivalence of the Japan Language Proficiency Test or any other test of Japanese skill. Parties interested in taking a proficiency test should contact the Japan Foundation in Los Angeles for more information.
Join Our Newsletter
Stay up to date on upcoming Japan Society events and activities.