Japanese lesson just for you.
If you like to study Japanese but Group Lessons don’t work for your schedule, Japan Society’s Private Tutoring may be a better fit for you! This also works if you have a specific part of the Japanese language you want to improve in, or if you live outside the Bay Area, we offer Private Tutoring in many locations that may be more convenient for you!
Flexible schedule – For example, class can start at 8:30am in the morning
Your selected location – Location can be our facility or cafe near your office/school, or even on Skype.
Professional Native Japanese instructor help you learning individually!
*Private Tutoring is only for Japan Society Supporter Member
(at Japan Society SF)
|5 class pack (5% off)|
|10 class pack (10% off)|
- Scheduling: The student and instructor will decide on the lesson date, time and location. Each lesson will be one hour or can be extended up to 120 minutes upon request. Students must notify the instructor 24 hours in advance if they plan to reschedule. Students will be charged for a lesson rescheduled less than 24 hours in advance. If a student is not present within the first 20 minutes of the scheduled tutoring time, the lesson will be cancelled and not rescheduled. Payment for this lesson will not be refunded.
- Payment: Payment for tutoring must be received before the first lesson. At the first lesson, the teacher will evaluate your Japanese skills, and work with you to develop a curriculum. All receipts will be emailed to the student; please retain for your records.
- 5-class and 10-class pack tutoring discounts are available to dues-paying members of the Japan Society of Northern California. Students who would like to take advantage of these member discounts may join the Society at the membership level of their choice.
- 5-class packs expire three months from the date of purchase
10-class packs expire 6 months from the date of purchase.
- Cancellations: Students who wish to cancel their private tutoring must contact their instructor and the Japan Society at least 3 business days before their next lesson. Please note that membership fees paid at the time of registration are non-refundable. Requests for cancellation may be made by email to [email protected]
Inquire Private Tutoring
Please answer all questions below. The more information that we have will help to find teachers fit best to your needs soon. Please allow us to reply 2-3 business days.
Join Our Newsletter
Stay up to date on upcoming Japan Society events and activities.