Short-Term Japanese for Travel
Learn Japanese for Travel in 5 weeks
You have a plan to visit Japan and must be excited. However, do you have basic Japanese language skills to make your trip easier? For example, ordering food in Japanese and finding the nearest bathroom? Take our 5-week course to learn these skills and more, so your trip to Japan can be less stressful and more fun!
|1st week: Meeting New People||-Greetings and counting|
-Talking briefly about you, your family and hobbies
|2rd week: Ordering Food||-Ordering food and drinks at a restaurant|
-Commenting briefly on the taste of food
-Japanese eating etiquette
|3rd week: Asking Directions||-Asking how to get to your destination|
-Locating the nearest bathroom
-Giving your destination to a taxi driver or station agent
-Approaching someone for help in an emergency
|4th week: Shopping||-Discussing what you want to buy|
-Briefly commenting on items in stores
-Finding shopping areas in Japan
|5th week: Customized Class||-Making contents depending on what students want to study|
ex) Focusing on the place you want to go for your trip
*Japanese for Travel is only for Japan Society Supporter Member
|Class||Number of Student||Tuition|
|Semi-Private Class ||3-4 people|
If you are NOT already a member, please click here to see about individual memberships!
Schedule & Locations
Japan Society at Werqwise 4F [map]149 New Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94105
Maeda-sensei was born and grew up in Sapporo, Hokkaido, which is a prefecture famous for its tourism! She holds her BA in English literature from Fuji Women’s University in Sapporo. She is an experienced instructor and has been teaching children, students, adults, and senior couples for many years. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, yoga, watching movies and cooking.
Please read carefully before enrolling in the classes:
- Class Cancellation After Registration: Before the last day of registration (June 3rd for the June class and July 15th for the July class), students may cancel a class and receive a full refund of the class tuition. After that, tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable for any reason. Requests for tuition refunds may be made by email to [email protected]
- Language classes will continue with a minimum of three students enrolled. If due to unforeseen circumstances, a class is canceled, students already enrolled will receive a full refund.
- Classes canceled due to holidays or teacher emergencies will be rescheduled.
- If there are no students present within the first 20 minutes of the scheduled class, the class will be canceled and will not be rescheduled.
- Student contact information collected from the registration process may be given to the instructor of the class for teaching and emergency purposes.
- Occasionally we are required to replace an instructor or change the schedule and/or the location of a class. While we try to avoid these changes, we reserve the right to make them as needed.
- Keep your receipt for tuition payment when you register online. Receipts for phone orders will be emailed to you, so please keep them for your records.
Join Our Newsletter
Stay up to date on upcoming Japan Society events and activities.