Our language program is for Japan Society Members only.
Starting this spring (2020) you will need to have your Bookeo account registered as a JSNC member before being able to sign up for our language courses.
- For returning students: your Bookeo account log in is the e-mail you used previously. Check your inbox for instructions to log in.
- For new students: you can sign up for both the appropriate membership and your courses together through Bookeo.
Class Schedule & Locations
|Workshop Name||Number of Students||Date||Location||Instructor||Fee||Registration|
|Conversation Boot Camp||6||Thurs. 6:00-8:00|
|Online Via Zoom||Matsui-sensei||$180||SOLD OUT|
Group Class Policies
Please read carefully before enrolling in the workshops
- Our language program is for Japan Society of Northern California members only. Students will need to have a Bookeo account and be registered as a JSNC member before being able to sign up for a workshop.
- Student contact information collected from the registration process may be given to the instructor of the workshop for teaching and/or emergency purposes.
- All students attending workshops must be at least 16 years old. If you are interested in language classes for children under the age of 16, we recommend our private tutoring options.
- Workshops that are cancelled due to holidays or teacher emergencies will be rescheduled.
- Occasionally we are required to replace an instructor, change the schedule, and/or update the location of a workshop. While we try to avoid these changes, we reserve the right to make them as needed.
- Please keep your receipt of fee payment when you register online.
- Language classes will continue as long as at least 5 students are enrolled. If, due to unforeseen circumstances, a workshop is cancelled, students already enrolled will receive a full refund.
- If there are no students present within the first 20 minutes of a scheduled session, that session will be cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
- Cancellations made 5 days or more in advance of the workshop’s starting date will receive a 100% refund. After that, fees are non-refundable and non-transferable for any reason. Requests for fee refunds can be made by emailing [email protected].
- Membership fees paid at the time of registration are non-refundable.
- Students who wish to have a certificate of completion can request one by emailing [email protected]at the end of the workshop.
How to Speak Japanese Like a Real Person
Are you interested in learning everyday spoken Japanese? Do you want to know the ins and outs of interacting with peers or housemates? Come join us to improve your Japanese through Netflix’s well-known show Terrace House! >>>Read More
Learn Japanese for Travel
You have a plan to visit Japan and must be excited. However, do you have basic Japanese language skills to make your trip easier? Take our short-term course to learn how to make your trip to Japan less stressful and more fun! >>>Read More
Join Our Newsletter
Stay up to date on upcoming Japan Society events and activities.