Sorry, registration is now closed.
The Japan Society is excited to announce the 27th Annual US-Japan Friendship Cup Tennis Tournament!
Started in 1987, this friendly tournament was launched to build friendships between the peoples of Japan and the United States on the courts. The perpetual Consular Cup, which was donated to the tournament in 1990 by the Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco, will be awarded to the winner.
Please note: This event is limited to 50 participants. Please read carefully and register early to ensure your place.
1st place winner takes home the Consular Cup and a 1 month “Executive Club” membership to SF Bay Club!
Cost to Play:
- $45 for Japan Society Members
- $55 for Nonmembers
OR Choose a Membership Deal!
- $65 Young Professionals Deal (for ages 39 and under; includes a One-year Japan Society Individual Membership ($65) + FREE access to the Tennis Tournament)
- $75 Individual Membership Deal (includes a One-year Japan Society Individual Membership ($65) +$10 Tennis Tournament entrance fee)
For information about JSNC membership benefits please visit: https://www.usajapan.org/support/individual-membership/
Refunds will not be granted after TUESDAY, September 2, 2014
8:30am – Registration begins
9:00am – Opening Ceremony and Warm – up
10:00am – 12:30pm Tournament
12:30pm – Lunch
1:00pm – Closing Ceremony and Raffle winners are announced
- BBQ lunch is included with ticket purchase
- Matches will be men’s/women’s/mixed doubles; your partner will change each round. The doubles partner will be decided by drawing lots, there will be no pre-arrangements.
- Each player plays a total of 4 sets, each set consisting of 8 games (a total of 32 games).
- The player with the most number of winning games out of 32 games is the winner.
- Players must be 18 or older to participate. All skill levels are welcome.
- This is a friendship tournament with the intention of enjoying tennis with players of all skill levels. Please note that this is not a competitive USTA tournament.
- There will be an award ceremony after the tournament, so participants are asked to stay until the end of the event.
- We will confirm your participation by e-mail prior to the tournament. Players participate at their own risk. The Japan Society and Bay Club San Francisco Tennis will not be held responsible for any injury or accident sustained while playing in the tournament.
This event is held in cooperation with the Consulate General of Japan in San Francisco.
Please contact Lisa Miyajima at (415)986-4383 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.