Private Japanese Tutoring
Japanese lessons just for you.
If you like to study Japanese but group classes don’t work for your schedule, Japan Society’s Private Tutoring may be a better fit for you! This also works if you have a specific part of the Japanese language you want to improve in. Also, if you live outside the Bay Area, we offer private tutoring in many locations that may be more convenient for you!
Flexible schedule – For example, class can start at 8:30am in the morning
Your selected location – Location can be our facility or cafe near your office/school, or even on Skype.
A professional, native Japanese instructor will help you learn individually!
How to Request a Tutor
*Due to the high demand of Private Tutoring, it’s taking a lot of time for us to find tutors. We will contact you once we find matching tutor.
|Trial Lesson (60min)||5-hour Package||10-hour Package|
|Semi-Private (up to 4 students)||$480||$900|
*If you are new to our language program, a one-time Trial Lesson (60 min) is available before joining as a JSNC member.
Private Tutoring Inquiry
Please answer all questions below. The more information that we have will help to find teachers fit best to your needs soon.
- Students and their instructors will decide on the lesson dates, times, and locations. Lessons are one hour long, but can be extended to 90 or 120 minutes upon request.
- Students will be charged for any lessons rescheduled less than 24 hours in advance.
- Payment for tutoring must be received before the first lesson. Please save the payment confirmation email for your records.
- Our language program, including private tutoring, is for Japan Society of Northern California members only. Students will need to have a Bookeo account and be registered as a JSNC member before being able to purchase any lessons.
- 5-lesson packages expire in 3 months from the date of purchase; 10-lesson packages expire 6 months from the date of purchase.
REFUND & CANCELLATIONS
- If students are not present within the first 20 minutes of their scheduled tutoring time, the lesson will be cancelled and not rescheduled. Payment for their lesson will not be refunded.
- Once a package is purchased, it is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Membership fees paid at the time of registration are non-refundable.
Join Our Newsletter
Stay up to date on upcoming Japan Society events and activities.