Volunteer Internships at JSNC
The Japan Society of Northern California (JSNC) steadfastly pursues its strategic mission to advance U.S. – Japan collaboration and understanding in a global context.
Under direct supervision of the Office Administrator and with general oversight from the Chief Operating Officer, the Intern will assist the JSNC staff with program preparation, marketing, communications and database management. Other duties include managing the twice monthly e-newsletter and updating social media, general support services (including administrating and managing information systems for the JSNC), organizing files and documents, and after-hour support for other programs and events.
This position requires a pleasant office demeanor, fluent English language skills, good organization with an eye for detail, and a capacity to multi-task. The Intern is a part of a small team, demonstrating initiative to solve challenges. The duration of this internship is for 3 months with the possibility of extension.
Working with Japan Society
- Must be enrolled in a university level degree program or be a recent graduate.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel
- Experience managing Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts
- Experience with databases and data entry
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends for JSNC events
- Willingness to learn about the current U.S. – Japan relationship, especially concerning business, technology, cyber security and innovation.
- Availability to intern 18-20 hours per week. Preference will be given to applicants who are able to start immediately.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Salesforce (or similar CRM software), and WordPress.
- Pursuing or graduated with a degree in International Business, International Relations, East Asian Studies, or related field.
This is an unpaid, part-time position.
Note that if credit is available from your school for participation in an internship we are glad to work with you to meet any requirements for receiving credit.
To apply for the internship, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
We kindly ask that you use the following guidelines:
- In your cover letter please address the following:
– What is your availability?
– Why do you think you’ll be a good fit for this position?
– Please mention if you manage(d) other organization’s social media accounts
- In the subject line of your e-mail, please write, “INTERN APPLICATION_[LASTNAME]”
- Please save your resume and cover letter as a PDF document with the title “INTERN APPLICATION_[LASTNAME].pdf”Applications without a cover letter will not be considered for this position.
Join Our Newsletter
Praesent fringilla risus eu neque sagittis, a elementum enim ullamcorper.